Saturday 18 July 2009

Conway Stewart 286 set.

I collect fountain pens, maybe along the way, I'll discover why...but I do.

My favourite pens are vintage Conway Stewarts, and in particular, the Conway Stewart 286 range. Now, I have quite a few of the 286's in the usual 'find them all over the place' colours...but am now getting serious, which basically means spending serious amounts of money, and seeking out the more obscure variants.

OK, given that, the other day I was searching on eBay, and came across a 286 boxed set (fountain pen and pencil) in rose marble. "Brilliant!" thought I, I've got three pens in that colour (also called burgundy or plum) but It would be great to have the boxed set. So I bid...and won.

I picked up the package this morning...

Carefully extracted the box from the padded envelope, and bubble wrap...

Set it on the table...

Opened the lid...

And there, sitting inside this box...

An almost mint condition set in RASPBERRY marble.




Talk about stunned!!!!!

I've only been on the look out for this colour for two years.....

Cheers eBay!

No comments:

Post a Comment